Before the trip:
- Download WeChat and add “itsbillh”. To best keep in touch, please download WeChat, and we will form a group so we can easily send updates on any agenda changes, announcements, etc. Once you create an account, please add me as a contact “itsbillh”. Please do this by Thursday, September 11.
- Add these local China numbers to your phonebook: William’s China number: David’s China number:
Tuesday, September 16 in Guangzhou
- All Day: Check-in to your service apartment (travel details from airport to apartment will be sent separately) Wanghao Jiarun Linjiang Shangpin Hotel Apartment China, (广州劲松佳润临江上品酒店公寓. 广州市天河区临江大道681-683号)
- Dinner: 7pm, meet in lobby. (For those who are jet lagged or not yet arrived, there are restaurants within walking distance of the hotel for dinner on your own.)
Wednesday, September 17 in Guangzhou
- 7:30am: Breakfast.
- 9am-11:30am: VIP access to TFC Global Mobile Game Developer Conference & Expo. A leading mobile games industry event in China featuring developers, distribution channels, OEMs, operators, and investors.
- 11:30am: Meet at meeting point to travel to lunch.
- 12pm-2pm: Private lunch with Chinese OEMs, operators, and distribution channels at Westin. Also, featuring a presentation highlighting the games of our partners and finalists for the 5 Million Downloads program.
- 3pm-5pm: SkyMobi conference for distribution partners and media featuring our products and services (Maopao app platform, Zhiyifu billing system, and our publishing arm highlighting the “5 Million Downloads Guaranteed” program.)
- 6pm: Dinner
- 8pm: Free time
Thursday, September 18 in Guangzhou
- 9am: Breakfast
- 10:30am-11:30am: Visit the office of a Chinese developer
- 12pm-1:20pm: Lunch
- 2pm-3:30pm: Visit the offices of two Chinese developers
- 4pm: Free time
Friday, September 19 in Hangzhou
- 6am: Meet in lobby to depart to airport
- 7am: Check-in at airport for flight to Hangzhou
- 8:04am: Take off to Hangzhou
- 12pm-12:30pm: Check into hotel. 杭州恒景国贸酒店. 杭州市西湖区灵溪北路21号
- 12pm-2pm: Lunch at Sheraton
- 3pm-6pm: Crash Course on Chinese Mobile Games Market and Publishing
- 7:30pm Dinner: Formal dinner at one of China’s most scenic and culturally significant destinations, West Lake
- Welcome to SkyMobi. Michael Song, CEO, SkyMobi
- Q2 2014 Chinese Mobile Games Market and Trends. Ibrahim Dai, TalkingData
- Distribution Channels in China. Wade Shen, Operations Manager, SkyMobi
- Billing in China. Albin Zhuang, Director of Billing, SkyMobi
Saturday, September 20 in Hangzhou
- 10am-11:30am: Visit China Mobile retail shop and meet with an executive from China Mobile to share the operators’ role in mobile game distribution and billing.
- 12pm-1:30pm: Lunch
- 2:30pm: Mobile game testing. Five to eight Maopao users and non-users will test a few mobile games from our group of developers. They will provide feedback on their experience and then partake in a focus group.
- 5pm: Free time
Sunday, September 21 in Hangzhou
- All day departures from Hangzhou